Music Commentary--Creative Writing--Cultural Hilarity





"What if there are no cries of anguish to be heard? Who is prepared to take arms against a sea of amusements? To whom do we complain, and when, and in what tone of voice, when serious discourse dissolves into giggles?"--Neil Postman






Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Not 27


A "found poem" containing lyrics from some of my favorite songs of 2012

We’re behaving like teenagers
Making less than minimum wage,
Jumping in front of trains all day.

We mosh for enlightenment,
Telling each other what nobody knows
after three or four Old Fashions.
Washing off last night’s troubles
in clean white shirts.

Every time we write our lives in disappearing ink,
It becomes taboo.
Every time we take pictures with our phones,
It turns out right.

Once, you said, “you’re going to like this”
in a dark room.
I can’t remember if you liked what I said.
But I woke up at noon,
missing someone I don’t know.


by Jake Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment